Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Put Another 'X' On The Calender

    They said "If you don't let it out, you're gonna let it eat you away." I'd rather be a cannibal, baby, animals like me don't talk anyway. ...Put another 'X' on the calender, summer's on its deathbed, there is simply nothing worse than knowing how it ends. 

    Well, the semester has come to an end, as all good things do. In a few days I will box up all my belongings, pack my car, and leave this place behind. St. George is like living in a semi-permanent summer holiday; the pants stay shorts, the water still feels sometimes swimmable, and the weather is still fair. Except in this summer holiday, there's more sleepless nights staring at a blank 'Microsoft Word' document with two empty Red Bulls next to your computer, there's more interesting people, there's more time spent riding down hills on a longboard than you spend in class, and there's many more stories to be made and shared. 

      I'm gonna miss the times that I could leave my apt. at 3 a.m., not come back until 6 a.m. and no one even questioned it. I'm gonna miss the view from my 3rd story balcony. I'm gonna miss sitting on the edge of that balcony, playing guitar so that my roommates didn't get annoyed by me. I'm gonna miss all the new friends that I've made; Brandon, Hogan, Kolton, Morgan, Taylor, Allie (maybe), and I might even miss Tyrel and Enoch. I'm gonna miss my singles ward bishop, Bishop McMullin. I'm gonna the hot tub and the pool. I'm gonna miss the constant stream of people flooding my apartment. I'm gonna miss the weather like crazy.

     Basically, St. George has been a wonderful place to live. I've learned a lot about people, music, computers, and even more about myself. I've dealt a couple tragedies and I've made even more amazing memories. I'm gonna miss the crap out of this place, but I'm excited to start a new chapter in my life. I've been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ in the Argentina, Salta mission. I'm moving home on Saturday and I will remain in Delta until March 13th, when I will report to the MTC. 

 When one door closes, even for a couple years, another one opens.

     I'm excited to serve the people Argentina and the Lord. I'm excited to move home to my best friends Mick, Lexi, and Chance until my mission. I'm excited to go to the temple, I'm excited to learn the Spanish language, and I'm especially excited to share with Argentinians all the joy and all the knowledge that the gospel has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment